Saturday, May 5, 2012

Somewhere Beyond the Sea...

Hello, Hello, Helloooo!

I'm so sorry that today's post is coming rather late!  I've had 2 very busy days in a row with hardly anytime to blog (I cheated on yesterdays blog and typed it up the night before :P).  But I am so excited about the nails I have on today and I decided that Monday is too long of a wait!

A very good, long-time friend of mine was the inspiration for these nails, although she doesn't know it yet lol.  For as long as I've known her (almost 14 yrs now I think?) she has LOVED the Little Mermaid.  I thought mermaid scales would be fun to do, but they kind of transformed into something entirely different...

mint, green, mermaid, rainbow fish, fairy dust, nail art, mani

mint, green, mermaid, rainbow fish, fairy dust, nail art, manimint, green, mermaid, rainbow fish, fairy dust, nail art, mani

mint, green, mermaid, rainbow fish, fairy dust, nail art, mani
 Colors Used:  Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet (Base), Sally Hansen - Rockstar Pink (purple/glitter) Sally Hansen - Pumping Iron (silver), Ulta - Blue Streak, China Glaze - Four Leaf Clover, China Glaze - Fairy Dust.

I am obsessed with these nails!  I think the look more like Rainbow Fish than Little Mermaid buuuutt... that's alright lol.   I painted 2 coats of my base and then used a dotting tool to do the scales.  I topped it off with Fairy Dust and voila!

I bought a few ploishes yesterday and today and I'll be posting them tomorrow or Monday.  I hope you all like this mani as much as I do:)

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments: