Monday, June 4, 2012

Church Mani: It's a Formal Affair?

Good morning :)  How was your weekend?  Mine went really well but I'm exhausted from it. I think I'm sick with a stomach virus, the results being that my stomach is in knots and I have a fever that's making my brain addled *sigh*.

Today's post is going to be a little disappointing :\  I was not feeling well at all and I only took one picture of my nails before had to crawl back into bed (I also wasn't crazy about how they turned out)...

O.P.I, You Callin' Me A Lyre?, black tip, french tip, frenchie, stripe, striping, nail art, design, mani
Colors Used: O.P.I. - You Callin' Me A Lyre?, Rimmel - Black Satin

Soooo in my head I thought this mani would be really nice for church.  I think I got church and formal affair confused in my head.  It's a balancing act for me.  I'm singing my praises to the Lord but at the same time I have to keep my professionalism.  Sometimes the two conflict and this was the outcome lol.

I removed these from my nails soon after taking the pics because I felt they didn't fit.  And then I was inspired to kick professionalism out the door and to paint my nails in colors and patterns that matched a new dress that I bought.  I planned on wearing the dress at the choir after-party Sunday afternoon, so I justified it in my head as great time management ("One less thing for me to do when I go home to change...")

I will have that mani to show you tomorrow.  Right now I'm going to crawl back into bed and hope that my fever breaks before I have to go in to work :(

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. I actually really like these and would totally rock them at church. or a formal affair!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :D Having looked at them again, post fever, I like them quite a bit! I may attempt to do them again for a concert I have coming up soon... we shall see haha. By the by I really like your blog! Very versatile :)

      Delete