Sunday, November 25, 2012

So Many Mani's, Very Little Time!

*sigh* I know what you're going to say.  And you're right.  I have no excuse for neglecting my blog and all of you.  I have been out of the nail world for over a week and that's crazy sauce!  I hope you all are fairing well and for those who are State-Side... Happy belated Thanksgiving!

Altho I have not been blogging, I have been doing some manis.  And seeing as I'm very much ready to start doing Christmas nail art, I am going to share all of the mani's I have left in the vault... right now... in this post.  Lucky you! So en lieu of a Church Mani (the choir has the day off!), I shall share a pic of each mani, the polishes used (if I can remember them haha)  and a brief description.  Let's get started!

Julep Isla, Frenchie, French Tip, Curtain, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Julep - Isla, Rimmel - Black Satin, China Glaze - Fairy Dust

This is a mani I did last weekend.  I was going to a big family gathering (in-laws) with my husband and wanted pretty nails to match my silvery-white ensemble.  Hubby liked it  :)


 Colors Used: Wet n Wild - I Need A Refresh-Mint, Love & Beauty - Strawberry (scented)

I wanted something colorful and fun to wear around on Wednesday but was short on time.  I picked these polishes because they apply well and I knew they would dry fairly quick.  I used a 2-sided dotting tool (large on one end, small on the other) to make my design.  I then applied a small amount of nail glue to attach the rhinestone.  A cinch!


Wet n Wild  Nerd Alert Screech, Straight "A" Jesse, cheetah, leopard, animal print, nail art, nail design, maniJulep Sofia, cheetah, leopard, animal print, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Wet n Wild - Nerd Alert Screech and Straight "A" Jesse, Julep - Sofia, Rimmel - Black Satin

This mani get's two photo's because of Sofia.  I did this the day before Halloween because I wanted to get into the holiday but was too tired to attempt topping my prior Halloween Mani. I painted two coats of Nerd Alert Screech and then topped it with Sofia (Julep's glow-in-the-dark polish).  Sofia is an old school girl, she likes to tan before she shines.  This polish needs to be exposed to light for a good while before it will glow in the dark and the effect fades after a while but I like her none the less :)  With a dotting tool and striping brush I applied the cheetah print.

 More mani's after the jump!



Essie  Borrowed & Blue, Finger Paints  Inkblot Blue, Revlon  Royal, Revlon  Whimsical, Savina  Sparkling Water, wedding, birds, blue birds, hearts, love, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Essie - Borrowed & Blue, Finger Paints - Inkblot Blue, Revlon - Royal, Revlon - Whimsical, Savina - Sparkling Waters

This is a mani that I did for Julep's "Blues For a Cause" nail art contest.  The contest was to help spread awareness of human trafficking.  A very serious thing and I was so glad that I participated.  I never heard back about who the winners were and I obviously assumed that I was not one of them.  The idea of  these girls and boys being set free like birds kept coming to mind. I don't know how they turned into wedding birds...

Love & Beauty Nude, Julep Demi, OPI It Girl, Elf Blushing Beauty, polka dots, fall colors, confetti, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Love & Beauty - Nude, Julep - Demi, OPI - It Girl, E.L.F. - Blushing Beauty

I had this idea of "Fall Confetti".  It wouldn't get out of my head!  This was my interpretation and I'm not crazy about it.

 Colors Used: Color Club - Hydrangea Kiss, Savina - Sparkling Waters

A few months back my former quartet and I were working on a song, "Blue Skies".  It was a wonderfully arranged piece with some tough spots that we were trying to work our way thru.  For the next few days after the rehearsal, I couldn't get the song out of my head.  Naturally it turned into a mani.  I was going for clouds but it ended up looking more like watery camouflage lol.
  
 Colors Used: Sally Hansen - Mint Sorbet and Mellow Yellow, Spoiled - Let's Get Sushi (I think?) and Show Me The Money

This was my first attempt at tribal nail art.  I would have loved it if I hadn't added the glitter.  To me it just looks awkward and out of place. I also wasn't crazy about the dots on the outside of the design.  My second tribal mani was much more successful ;)


These last two are somewhat of an embarrassment.  How can a person who is both artsy and craftsy be so bad at doing a fish-egg mani??  These were attempts number 3 and 4... and STILL I hate them!  I haven't attempted another fish-egg mani since and I don't know if I ever will.  I'll just have to put the beads to some other use.

Well there you have it!  The good and the bad, the pretty and the atrocious :P  I know this is a very long post and if you stuck thru it... you're wicked awesome!!

I'll have my first Christmas mani posted soon, maybe tomorrow.  I am planning on doing a "12 Mani's of Christmas" segment and I would love your ideas.  Any suggestions that you may have on holiday nail designs are greatly appreciated :)

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. My favorites are the fall confetti and the first mani. so cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! Loving the gradients you're posting on your blog by the by :D

      Delete