Saturday, June 15, 2013

Step Into Summer - Ombre

Hello, dolls!

Another quick post today as I head out the door to a 6 hour rehearsal *cries*.  If you follow me on Instagram, you may have notice that I was rockin' OPI Solitaire this week.  I decided to sponge OPI Jinx over it as my Ombre mani for the Step Into Summer Challenge...


OPI Solitaire, OPI Jinx, texture, ombre, white, coral, gold, glitter, Step Into Summer, Hobby Polish Blogger, nail challenge, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: OPI - Solitaire and Jinx

I started with 2 coats of Solitaire.  I wore it at work all day, so naturally it was dry when I got home and moved on to my next step ;)  I used a cheap, 99 cent Store, kitchen sponge to apply Jinx...


By overlapping Jinx and Solitaire on the sponge, I was able to get a very nice blend.  I've noticed that textured polishes tend to ombre really really well.


My favorite part of this mani, aside from it being textured goodness, is the golden flecks that shine off of Jinx *drools*

Be sure to check out the other awesome nail art from my fellow challenge-doers :D

Until next time!

Stef <3









7 comments:

  1. Jemma LondonVarnishJune 15, 2013 at 10:06 AM

    This gradient is really nice, especially with the textured effect! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really cute! I would like to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really nice!! Textured polish ombre's is such a good idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I love the colors together :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - this is wonderful :D

    ReplyDelete