Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Neon Week - Far Out Flowers

Hello, hello!

I'm getting this post in just under the wire.  Had a bit of a family emergency yesterday and so my husband and I have been playing catch-up all afternoon/evening with chores, etc.  I am just now getting the opportunity to post *phew*!  Today's mani is inspired by the psychedelic fun of the 1960's...

psychedelic flowers, hippie, 60's, neon, Savina Power Up, Orly Mayhem Mentality, nails, nail art, nail design, mani
 Colors Used: Savina - Power Up, Orly - Mayhem Mentality, Color Club - Almost Famous, Love & Beauty - Purple and Hot Pink Strawberry

Alright so I started with a white base on all of my nails and then applied 3 thin coats of Power Up.  This polish is blindingly green in person but like most Savina's that I own, it's incredibly streaky and needs to be built up.  Frustrating, yes, but worth it for the color...


Using my dotting tools I applied my flowers.  Big, uneven blobs was the name of the game.  I was going for a cartoonish and sporadic look.


For those who aren't following me on Instagram (I forgive you :P), I broke my middle finger nail on Monday *sigh*.  I'm not going to let it hold me back!  To heck with the nubbins!!

Sooooo.... What do you think?  1960's or "hot-mess floral"??  

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments: