Sunday, November 10, 2013

SAFS: Revlon Parfumerie

Happy Sunday, dolls!

I have some funsies to share with you today:D


I stumbled across this collection while Googling scented nail polishes.  I died!  I love, love, love scented polishes!!  I, naturally, went on the hunt (please note that clicking on the photos will enlarge them for a better view)...
revlon parfumerie, bordeaux, scented, nail polish, swatch
 Bordeaux

I always start with the polish I wore to church and this is it :)  I would describe Bordeaux as berry wine in color.  It was ever so slightly streaky so I applied 3 coats.  This polish has a light scent.  It smells like a deep cranberry.  Does that make sense?  Deep and berry lol.
African Tea Rose

Bubblegum pink in color, this polish applied in 2 easy coats.  The color pink is growing on me and this one is definitely a winner.  The scent of this polish was a little stronger than Bordeaux.  Reminiscent of potpourri, it smelled very rosy.

revlon parfumerie, wintermint, scented, nail polish, swatch
 Wintermint

This beauty right here... I LOVE!!!  Altho I'm not a fan of this type of finish for my hands/skin, I thought this polish was too pretty to pass up.  As with most pearl/shimmer polishes, this one is a bit sheer.  I applied 3 thin coats for full coverage and it was easy to work with.  The scent on this one isn't overpowering.  It remided me of a sweet mint gum that I often purchase.  It also made me think of Christmas :D  I'm wondering if it is a possible dupe for Deborah Lipmann's Mermaid's Dream?  Thoughts?

 Ginger Melon
Oh Ginger Melon, how I wanted to love you!  Gorgeous color indeed but the formula and application left a lot to be desired.  This polish isn't quite creme and it isn't quite jelly.  After 3 coats, I gave up on the miniscule balding spots that I saw.  The scent of this polish is extremely potent.  I didn't mind much, but after having it on for about 2 hours I went to rehearsal and it set off the allergies of one of my fellow singers (I felt horrible!!).  It smells like fruity candy.  Think Starbursts or Skittles.

revlon parfumerie, wild violets, scented, nail polish, swatch


 Wild Violets

I've saved my favorite for last!  This polish was heavenly from the start.  The formula is perfect, the color is gorgeous (beautiful shimmer that I couldn't pick up in photos).  This applied in 2 easy coats.  It smelled so much like violets that I wanted to splatter my whole body in it.  Very floral and powdery.  Even after removal the scent lingered on my nails.  I didn't mind one bit haha ;)


So what do you think ladies?  There are so many more polishes in this new line, but I had to give my wallet a little bit of a break lol.  I'm hoping to have some more to share with you next Sunday tho.  How do you feel about scented polishes?  Love 'em?  Loath 'em?

Until next time!

Stef <3

2 comments:

  1. I love the look of Wintermint! The colour is so nice! I love scented polishes, the Models Own ones are great! I think I might have to pick up a few of these Revlon polishes! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't been able to get my claws on the scented Models Own, but I've heard great things :) I highly recommend these if you are into scented polishes!

    ReplyDelete